Here are some great ideas and tips for ways to use the doTERRA essential oils. For everything from infant care to flea&tick removal, ways or stage your home to sell, or de-stress after a long day, doTERRA oils are incredibly versatile! Enjoy reading, and if you have any additional tips, I’d love for you to share!
21 GREAT USES FOR doTERRA OILS:
1. For good smelling towels, sheets, clothes, etc. place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying.
2. Add a few drops of essential oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
3. For tired aching muscles or arthritis aches, mix 1 part Deep Blue oil to 4 parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and use as massage oil.
4. Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck. 1 drop Peppermint oil diluted in 1 teaspoon Fractionated Coconut oil rubbed on the back of the neck also helps to relieve headaches
5. Add 10 drops of essential oil (Lemon, Wild Orange, or Lavender are good ones) to a box of cornstarch or baking soda, mix very well, let set for a day or two and then sprinkle over the carpets on your home. Let set for an hour or more, and then vacuum.
6.To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or soft rope with Melaleuca oil or Terra Shield, roll up in a handkerchief and tie loosely around the animal’s neck.
7.Apply true Lavender oil or Melaleuca oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
8. To lower fevers, simply rub Peppermint essential oil on the feet, neck, and forehead rather than use a product that is unpleasant or create side effects.
9.To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic pests, drop a few drops of Terra Shield on the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on the Bar-B-Q hot coals.
10. 1 drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until the wart is gone.
11. Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
12. Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with the aroma of spices such as Clove, Lavender and Elevation by simmering them on the stove or in your diffuser. Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm, cheerful and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
13. Place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhanced oils such as Lavender on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
14. For burns or scalds, drop Lemon or Melaleuca oil directly on the affected area.
15. Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil or DigestZen in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
16. Use 1 drop of Melaleuca or On Guard oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to relieve teething pain in children.
17. Add 1 drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out a radiant glow in your skin.
18. Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing to promote growth and thickness.
19. The blend of Lavender and Lemon oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm tranquil atmosphere while Lemon stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
20. A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Wild Orange alleviates anxiety and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
21. A wonderful massage blend for babies is 1 drop Wild Orange, 1 drop Lavender, and 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Fractionated Coconut oil.