Check out our oil of the month, doTerra’s Wild Orange! One of the most popular, affordable and versatile oils, Wild Orange is known as the Oil of Abundance. “It inspires abundance, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood, restores physical energy and aids in transitions. Wild Orange also reconnects individuals with their inner child and brings spontaneity, fun, joy and play into one’s life.” (Emotions & Essential Oils Reference Guide)
Wild orange is an unpretentious essential oil, used in aromatherapy to create the feeling of happiness and warmth, while calming nervous digestive problems. It’s uplifting, invigorating, disinfecting, and immune-boosting.
– One of the most dynamic essential oil fragrances, its chemical constituents combine to give you proven ‘Anti’s’: anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-depressant anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties.
Common uses for wild orange oil:
– Wild orange is one of the most powerful and aromatic of the essential oils. It is excellent for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens. It has very effective actions against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during their early stages.
– Wild orange also supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system.
– Wild orange can be both energizing and uplifting and sedative. It does this by instilling feelings of peace. It can be used in the treatment of anorexia.
– Wild orange’s main constituent, limonene, has powerful anti-cancer activity, suggesting that this oil might be effective as an anti-cancer agent.
– Diffusing wild orange is very effective at killing pathogens in the air. It provides a very pleasant way to disinfect and kill bacteria, and assists with colds and flu. Diffusing wild orange can also be beneficial for nervous tension and stress, and is relaxing for children at bedtime. Diffuse in the car on long trips. It is very calming and uplifting, and relieves stress. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-pathogenic activity also enhances the enjoyment of travel. Put 1-2 drops of wild orange in drinking water. It’s a good diuretic, and is most useful in balancing water retention, and may be helpful with obesity. Its lymphatic-stimulant action further helps to balance water processes, as well as detoxification, aiding the immune system and general well-being.
– Blended in to massage oil or added to a bath, wild orange assists with colds and flu, eliminates toxins from the body, boosts the lymphatic and immune system and helps ease nervous tension and stress.
Wild orange oil is certified GRAS by the FDA, and is safe for ingestion. Adding 1-2 drops of this oil to ¼ cut of water and drinking can be very helpful for acid reflux or heartburn. It has a powerful alkalizing effect on the system, making it very effective for many digestive issues.
Mix with a carrier oil and massage on an infant’s tummy to sooth stomach ache.
Add to furniture polish, to help protect furniture against damage from insects.
Add several drops of wild orange oil to some water in a spray bottle, shake well, to disperse the oil, and spritz on bed sheets, drapes or upholstery (think Febreze®). May also be sprayed into the air as a fragrant, pathogen-killing air freshener for kitchens and bathrooms.
Mix wild orange oil with water, to wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
Wild Orange is on sale now at Trinity Tack & Feed
$6.95 for 5 ml
$14.00 for 15 ml
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.